Bacon Wrapped Baby Back Ribs on the Weber Q



I might have to change the name of this blog to Firetail BBQ! 

It seems I am barbecuing more than I am brewing these days.
But never fear, I whipped up a batch of Bra Beer today (more on that in a few weeks when it is ready to drink)



I did however venture back into the world of low and slow cooking on the Weber Q.
Today's challenge was Bacon Wrapped Baby Back Ribs (try saying that 5 times quickly!)

That's right, wrap your pork ribs in bacon! Baby back ribs are pretty lean, the bacon will render and keep everything nice and moist.

Ingredients:

  • A couple racks of Baby Back pork ribs (I got mine from Super Butcher)
  • Your favourite BBQ rub.
  • Bacon


Method:
Rubbed and ready.
The night before your cook

  • Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
  • Cover in your favourite BBQ rub.
  • Wrap in foil and place in the fridge.


On the day of the cook

  • Take your bacon and create a loose weave over the top of the ribs, mine is very loose as I only had a little bit of bacon left (Oh No!!)

Ohhhh Yeah.

  • 3 hours before serving clean and prep the Weber
  • Set up your smoke box or pouch with whatever wood you like (I used Mesquite and Hickory)
  • Place a double layer of foil on the grill, top that with a trivet
  • Place a foil pan full of water next to the trivet
  • Get the BBQ to 120ºC (250ºF)
  • Arrange you ribs on the trivet and walk away for 1.5 hours.



Saucy...
Here they are looking lovely after 1.5 hours, here I baste liberally in BBQ sauce.

I was planning on making my own, but ran out of time and used Master Foods BBQ Rib sauce, which is fantastic.






And after 3 hours low and slow, here is the final result. 
Bones were picked clean, mouths were wiped, requests for more were spoken!


MORE!!

Another excellent technique for low and slow cooking on the Weber Q.

Cheers

Comments